1) How old is your great-grandfather now, or how old would he be if he had lived? Divide this number by 4 and round the number off to a whole number. This is your "roulette number."
2) Use your pedigree charts or your family tree genealogy software program to find the person with that number in your ahnentafel (ancestor name list). Who is that person?
3) Tell us three facts about that person with the "roulette number."
My great grandfather Appleton Richardson was born in 1840 which would make him 171. Divided by 4 and rounded up to the nearest whole number = 43 which brought me to one of my paternal great-great grandmothers.
Sarah Bennett nee Riley 1821 - 18--
1. Sarah was born in and would live her entire life in Ilkeston , Derbyshire, England.
2. She married Joseph Bennett on 29th December,1846 and they would have four children - Elizabeth, Thomas,Ellen and Sarah. She would be widowed while still in her 40's.
|Part of Market Place today|
I still have a lot to find out about this family!